- Free software
- Hospitality exchange
- South Africa
- South Georgia
- Tristan da Cunha
- United States
|Christmas lights in Alsace »|
Beautiful memories of GermainePosted: 2017-04-04 21:36:00, Categories: General, 719 words (permalink)
When we got Germaine in autumn 2013, she was shy at first. However, in a couple of months she got used to us and little by little also to our lifestyle of often having guests around. During the years the bond became stronger and she trusted us fully — seeking closeness and developing many funny habits.
When awake, Germaine wanted to have the full attention. She miaowed loudly and vibrated her tail, asking either food or to be petted. Petting was rewarded by a funny "kurr" sound. She sat or lay down on top of the newspaper or on the laptop keyboard, showing who was more important. She didn't mind being touched anywhere in her body, for example scratching under the belly just resulted in more "kurrs" and her walking in a loop around our feet. We could lift her up from the floor and hold her on our arms, cuddling and looking at her directly in the eyes.
- Following Arto inside the flat when he was walking from room to room
- Going for a small excursion in the house corridor when the door was left open. She walked until the main staircase and sniffled around, before turning and trotting back to our flat.
- Smelling the fresh air on the balcony, before deciding it's too cold and quickly coming back inside
- Taking a peek inside the fridge every time we opened it
- Coming to our laps when we were eating, jumping from there to the kitchen bench and back again
- Walking on the tile floor at night, making a small tic-tic-tic sound with her claws which were slightly too long
- Jumping on the bed and climbing to her place over us, carefully avoiding to step on our faces.
No feedback yet
Leave a comment (or send a private message)
Copyright Arto Teräs <email@example.com>, licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License. (Unless otherwise mentioned in individual photos or other content.)